Your Question! God’s Answers! #3
QUESTION: Why did God allow problems, situations, trauma, etc. to happen to me?
ANSWER: Most struggle to understand how God is at work in the midst of suffering. God uses the evil/bad that comes into our lives for a greater purpose. Romans 8:28 tells us, “All things work together for good to those who are called according to His purpose.” All things good and bad work together. God uses them to teach us, build character in us, and to call us to a higher purpose. Romans 8:29 says we are to be “conformed to the image of His Son.”
Joseph in the old Testament is a good example. He was sold into slavery then imprisoned unjustly. Yet Joseph states in Genesis 50:20, “But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.”
God used what others meant for evil against Joseph rescued and brought them into Egypt where all their needs were met. (Read Genesis 37-50)
Many people who have suffered, go on to be used mightily by God if they allow Him to bring the healing, joy, and wholeness they need to overcome.
II Corinthians 1:4 states, “Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.”
Latest posts by Dr. Rickey Nation, Ph.D. (see all)
- Father, please explain to my heart how to have that Authentic, Christ-like change in my life - September 27, 2018
- Please God, I am Listening, Can YOU Tell Me Why it Seems Like I Can’t Get a Job? - September 13, 2018
- Can You Shed Some Light on God’s View of My Current Situation? Once Again, God’s Word has the Answers! - August 29, 2018
- Can Sickness Be the Result of Indulgencing in Sinful Acts? - August 10, 2018
- I Was Wondering, Can You Tell Me What God Has to Say About Finding Hope Again? - June 29, 2018