Your Question! God’s Answers! #3
QUESTION: Why did God allow problems, situations, trauma, etc. to happen to me?
ANSWER: Most struggle to understand how God is at work in the midst of suffering. God uses the evil/bad that comes into our lives for a greater purpose. Romans 8:28 tells us, “All things work together for good to those who are called according to His purpose.” All things good and bad work together. God uses them to teach us, build character in us, and to call us to a higher purpose. Romans 8:29 says we are to be “conformed to the image of His Son.”
Joseph in the old Testament is a good example. He was sold into slavery then imprisoned unjustly. Yet Joseph states in Genesis 50:20, “But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.”
God used what others meant for evil against Joseph rescued and brought them into Egypt where all their needs were met. (Read Genesis 37-50)
Many people who have suffered, go on to be used mightily by God if they allow Him to bring the healing, joy, and wholeness they need to overcome.
II Corinthians 1:4 states, “Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.”
Latest posts by Dr. Rickey Nation, Ph.D. (see all)
- Hey, Doctor! I know that change is hard, but is there a solution to why people don’t want to change? - January 17, 2019
- Now That The Elections are Over, In What Direction is America Headed Today? - December 14, 2018
- Why Married Couples Fight and What God Can Do About It! (Part 2) - December 11, 2018
- I suddenly feel rejected. In all honesty, what is God’s unique advice on this subject for me? - November 30, 2018
- I hurt very badly. Help me to comprehend what God is asking for me on this day - November 28, 2018