Your Question! God’s Answer! #2
QUESTION: Why do I keep struggling with the same problem over and over?
ANSWER: Many individuals struggle in this area. They think they have “conquered” a problem only to have it come up again.
God’s answer is the fact we don’t need to conquer but surrender. Proverbs 3:5-9 gives us God’s answers. “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil. It shall be health to thy naval, and marrow to thy bones.”
God wants us to surrender ALL our heart. That means all areas of our lives to Him and not to trust on our own judgments or thoughts. Often we can have faulty thinking about a certain problem. Never trust your emotions, but turn to God and His Word. Examine yourself, put away pride, anger, resentment, lust, food, etc. (anything that is between you and God or is a god in your life). Then healing in your problem area will be done by God and you will be healthier emotionally, relationally, and physically.
Latest posts by Dr. Rickey Nation, Ph.D. (see all)
- Father, please explain to my heart how to have that Authentic, Christ-like change in my life - September 27, 2018
- Please God, I am Listening, Can YOU Tell Me Why it Seems Like I Can’t Get a Job? - September 13, 2018
- Can You Shed Some Light on God’s View of My Current Situation? Once Again, God’s Word has the Answers! - August 29, 2018
- Can Sickness Be the Result of Indulgencing in Sinful Acts? - August 10, 2018
- I Was Wondering, Can You Tell Me What God Has to Say About Finding Hope Again? - June 29, 2018