Your Question! God’s Answer! #2
QUESTION: Why do I keep struggling with the same problem over and over?
ANSWER: Many individuals struggle in this area. They think they have “conquered” a problem only to have it come up again.
God’s answer is the fact we don’t need to conquer but surrender. Proverbs 3:5-9 gives us God’s answers. “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil. It shall be health to thy naval, and marrow to thy bones.”
God wants us to surrender ALL our heart. That means all areas of our lives to Him and not to trust on our own judgments or thoughts. Often we can have faulty thinking about a certain problem. Never trust your emotions, but turn to God and His Word. Examine yourself, put away pride, anger, resentment, lust, food, etc. (anything that is between you and God or is a god in your life). Then healing in your problem area will be done by God and you will be healthier emotionally, relationally, and physically.
Latest posts by Dr. Rickey Nation, Ph.D. (see all)
- Hey, Doctor! I know that change is hard, but is there a solution to why people don’t want to change? - January 17, 2019
- Now That The Elections are Over, In What Direction is America Headed Today? - December 14, 2018
- Why Married Couples Fight and What God Can Do About It! (Part 2) - December 11, 2018
- I suddenly feel rejected. In all honesty, what is God’s unique advice on this subject for me? - November 30, 2018
- I hurt very badly. Help me to comprehend what God is asking for me on this day - November 28, 2018