Hearing God’s Voice
Question: How do I recognize God’s voice?
Many People struggle with this. They often have conflicting battles in their thought life. To be able to recognize God’s voice you first have to know how to recognize Satan’s.
Revelations 12:10b tells us, “…for the accuser of the brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast out.” Satan is our accuser. So if your thoughts about yourself, others, or your situation are harsh, destructive, defiles, etc. they are from our accuser.
In John 8:11 Jesus states, “…neither do I condemn you, go and sin no more…” John 3:17 tells us, “For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.”
God’s voice is not condemning or angry. God builds, restores, and brings healing. God’s voice leads us to kindness, mercy, grace, forgiveness, and humility. He leads us to acts that display fruits of the spirit.
“Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.” -Romans 7:4
Latest posts by Dr. Rickey Nation, Ph.D. (see all)
- Hey, Doctor! I know that change is hard, but is there a solution to why people don’t want to change? - January 17, 2019
- Now That The Elections are Over, In What Direction is America Headed Today? - December 14, 2018
- Why Married Couples Fight and What God Can Do About It! (Part 2) - December 11, 2018
- I suddenly feel rejected. In all honesty, what is God’s unique advice on this subject for me? - November 30, 2018
- I hurt very badly. Help me to comprehend what God is asking for me on this day - November 28, 2018