Can you tell me why nothing really changes when I try so hard?
Trying harder doesn’t help our situation. It is self effort. The key word being SELF. We are trying to fix ourselves.
If we could heal ourselves and fix all our problems, we would. As human beings we are powerless and not in control of life. That’s a hard fact to accept, but necessary to realize.
That is the very reason God sent His Son. Isaiah 61:1-3 tells us what God sent his Son to do for us human beings that we CANNOT do for ourselves.
“The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; 2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; 3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.” ~ Isaiah 61:1-3
Now let go of self effort and surrender control of your life to Christ Jesus so He can do the work in you that our Father God sent Him to do.
Latest posts by Dr. Rickey Nation, Ph.D. (see all)
- Hey, Doctor! I know that change is hard, but is there a solution to why people don’t want to change? - January 17, 2019
- Now That The Elections are Over, In What Direction is America Headed Today? - December 14, 2018
- Why Married Couples Fight and What God Can Do About It! (Part 2) - December 11, 2018
- I suddenly feel rejected. In all honesty, what is God’s unique advice on this subject for me? - November 30, 2018
- I hurt very badly. Help me to comprehend what God is asking for me on this day - November 28, 2018