Father, please explain to my heart how to have that Authentic, Christ-like change in my life
Listen and read in your preferred language - Écoutez et lisez dans votre langue préférée - Hören und lesen Sie in Ihrer bevorzugten Sprache - Escucha y lee en tu idioma preferido
We turn to God and allow Jesus to work in each component to make the following changes.
Isaiah 61:1 states,
“The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound.”
Luke 4:18 says,
“The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised.”
The first component is COGNITIVE:
We need to know the truth about ourselves, God, and others.
The second is RELATIONAL:
Others need to model these truths for us, and we need them to encourage, affirm, and accept us, but even this is not enough.
The third is SPIRITUAL:
We need the Lord working in our lives to give us wisdom, to give us courage to take steps of faith, and to give us powers to fight the uphill battle of codependency.
And last is TEMPORAL:
We need time to allow God to heal and change us.
Latest posts by Dr. Rickey Nation, Ph.D. (see all)
- Now That The Elections are Over, In What Direction is America Headed Today? - December 14, 2018
- Why Married Couples Fight and What God Can Do About It! (Part 2) - December 11, 2018
- I suddenly feel rejected. In all honesty, what is God’s unique advice on this subject for me? - November 30, 2018
- I hurt very badly. Help me to comprehend what God is asking for me on this day - November 28, 2018
- What kind of advice does the Bible give for people with addictions? - October 26, 2018