Father, please explain to my heart how to have that Authentic, Christ-like change in my life
Listen and read in your preferred language - Écoutez et lisez dans votre langue préférée - Hören und lesen Sie in Ihrer bevorzugten Sprache - Escucha y lee en tu idioma preferido
We turn to God and allow Jesus to work in each component to make the following changes.
Isaiah 61:1 states,
“The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound.”
Luke 4:18 says,
“The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised.”
The first component is COGNITIVE:
We need to know the truth about ourselves, God, and others.
The second is RELATIONAL:
Others need to model these truths for us, and we need them to encourage, affirm, and accept us, but even this is not enough.
The third is SPIRITUAL:
We need the Lord working in our lives to give us wisdom, to give us courage to take steps of faith, and to give us powers to fight the uphill battle of codependency.
And last is TEMPORAL:
We need time to allow God to heal and change us.
Latest posts by Dr. Rickey Nation, Ph.D. (see all)
- Father, please explain to my heart how to have that Authentic, Christ-like change in my life - September 27, 2018
- Please God, I am Listening, Can YOU Tell Me Why it Seems Like I Can’t Get a Job? - September 13, 2018
- Can You Shed Some Light on God’s View of My Current Situation? Once Again, God’s Word has the Answers! - August 29, 2018
- Can Sickness Be the Result of Indulgencing in Sinful Acts? - August 10, 2018
- I Was Wondering, Can You Tell Me What God Has to Say About Finding Hope Again? - June 29, 2018