Can Sickness Be the Result of Indulgencing in Sinful Acts?
Listen and read in your preferred language - Écoutez et lisez dans votre langue préférée - Hören und lesen Sie in Ihrer bevorzugten Sprache - Escucha y lee en tu idioma preferido
The Bible has a lot to say about diseases and causes. The sins of our ancestors can be passed down to us according to Exodus 20:5 to the third and fourth generation. Therefore, as long as a family system continues in a particular sin it will remain in their family. An example would be alcoholism.
Yet, can a sinful act actually cause a physical illness? The prophet Elisha in II Kings 5 had instructed Naaman in how to be healed of leprosy. Naaman followed the instructions to dip himself seven times in the Jordan River. He did and was healed. Naaman was so grateful that he wanted to pay Elisha, but God told him not to take any payment or offering from Naaman. Elisha refused Naaman’s offers, but his servant Gehazi secretly approached Naaman later and asked for the payment for himself.
When Gehazi returned Elisha confronted him and he denied his actions “…thy servant went no whither (verse 25).” Then the leprosy of Naaman appeared upon Gehazi and Elisha told him (verse 27) “the leprosy therefore of Naaman shall cleave unto thee and unto thy seed forever.” It was to be passed down through his genes (seed). It became part of his physical heritage.
Friends, be careful what you do because your actions can have effects upon your family for generations not only spiritually but physically as well.
Latest posts by Dr. Rickey Nation, Ph.D. (see all)
- Please God, I am Listening, Can YOU Tell Me Why it Seems Like I Can’t Get a Job? - September 13, 2018
- Can You Shed Some Light on God’s View of My Current Situation? Once Again, God’s Word has the Answers! - August 29, 2018
- Can Sickness Be the Result of Indulgencing in Sinful Acts? - August 10, 2018
- I Was Wondering, Can You Tell Me What God Has to Say About Finding Hope Again? - June 29, 2018
- Please, tell me why does it feel, at this moment, like everyone is against me - June 15, 2018