Why Married Couples Fight and What God Can Do About It! (Part 2)
Listen and read in your preferred language - Écoutez et lisez dans votre langue préférée - Hören und lesen Sie in Ihrer bevorzugten Sprache - Escucha y lee en tu idioma preferido
Arguing, fussing and disagreements occur in marriage when couples fail to live the roles given by God to each. Ephesians 5:25, 33 states, “Husbands love your wives, even as Christ also loved the Church, and gave Himself for it.” Verse 33 states, “Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself: and the wife see that she reverence her husband.”
The love a wife needs, desires, and requires is an unconditional love of patience, kindness, no envy or jealousies, and humility in responding to her requests and needs. Men, it is important to not throw up or bring up past mistakes and hurts after forgiveness is granted. An unconditional love toward your wife is one that believes in her and seeks to bring out the best in her. She needs to know that you, as her husband, will protect her and never fail to love her as God loves the church.
Verse 33 reveals a wife must respect her husband. This respect is to be given even if it is not deserved. Healthy, biblical marriages must function as God designed in order for each person’s needs to be truly met. Much arguing, disagreeing, and fussing will be eliminated as husband and wife submit to God and each other, and they obey God’s Laws and Truth for living.
Latest posts by Dr. Rickey Nation, Ph.D. (see all)
- Hey, Doctor! I know that change is hard, but is there a solution to why people don’t want to change? - January 17, 2019
- Why Married Couples Fight and What God Can Do About It! (Part 2) - December 11, 2018
- I suddenly feel rejected. In all honesty, what is God’s unique advice on this subject for me? - November 30, 2018
- I hurt very badly. Help me to comprehend what God is asking for me on this day - November 28, 2018
- What kind of advice does the Bible give for people with addictions? - October 26, 2018