Certified Pastoral Counselor – Your Journey Starts Here! – Program 1
Certification and Licensure:
No credit hours given – no degree required.
Welcome to your new journey! This award-winning training will give the student a basic-foundational-level training like no other. The student will learn to counsel others to overcome their struggles/problems with a 95% success rate. No degree is required to begin this program (designed for pastors, youth workers, etc., and/or ordained clergy) or those with a degree in another field of study. Those not ordained must be willing to be commissioned to become a Commissioned Minister of Counseling through Abundant Life Ministries. This revolutionary training will enable the student to obtain necessary skills and recognition to counsel and carry out ministerial duties more effectively.
Those whom have a degree in another area other than counseling may enroll to receive this supplemental-level-training to become a Certified Temperament Counselor, Licensed Pastoral Counselor without needing to earn another degree.
In Phase 1, the student will learn how to set up a successful counseling ministry, learn to counsel using the Creation Therapy model of counseling, and become a Certified Temperament Counselor. At this level, counselors can counsel in their church, counsel as a chaplain, or any volunteer counseling setting. Donations can be accepted, but fees cannot be charged.
In Phase 2, the student will build upon Phase 1 by becoming a Licensed Pastoral Counselor (this designation does not mean one has to be a pastor or hold a church position). At this level, the counselor can charge a fee while working anywhere that needs faith-based counseling.
Certified Temperament Counselor
- Enrollment Fee: $100 (non-refundable)
Core Courses (Phase 1):
- How To Begin A Counseling Ministry and Take It Higher – $295
- Creation Therapy (includes 10 APS – $880
- Basic Christian Counseling – $250
- 50 Questions Code of Ethics Test – $50
- Christian Counseling: Integrating Temperament & Psychology – $250
- Clinical Supervision fee – $150
- NCCA membership fees – $100
Phase One Tuition: $1975
Practicum: Counseling–10 people by administering the Arno Profile System in your community under the direction of a National Board Christian Clinical Therapist Supervisor.
- 10 APS (counsel 10 people using the APS)
- 3 hours Clinical Supervision (with Dr. Nation at ALCCS)
Licensed Pastoral Counselor
Note: Ministerial Credentials are required before Phase II Certification (Certification / License) can be awarded.
Core Courses (Phase 2):
- Live Demo! Becoming A Skilled Counselor Using APS! – $385
- Mastering Pastoral Counseling – $250
- Temperament Case Studies – $250
- Counseling the Codependent: A Christian Perspective – $250
- 15 APS – $675
- Clinical Supervision – $150
- Licensure & Membership fees – $260
- National Background check – $100
Phase Two Tuition: $2,320
- Counseling with 15 individuals using APS
- Clinical Supervision with Dr. Nation at ALCCS
Grand Total: $4,395 (Payment plan available upon request).
“And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;” Colossians 3:2