Bachelor of Arts Degree Through Colorado Theological Seminary – Program 2
Upon acceptance into the B.A. program and before ordering the first course, the applicant/student must turn in copies of Ministerial Credentials (if obtained), Degrees or highest level of education, resume` that briefly states educational, occupational and spiritual history, and fill out an application as to why applicant/student want to become a Licensed and/or Certified member of the NCCA. All students must show evidence of Christian leadership experience or calling of God into a Ministry of Christian Counseling. Applicant/student will be required to commit to continuing his/her education through N.C.C.A. until ultimately receiving a Bachelor of Arts in Christian Counseling. In order to obtain a B.A. in Christian Counseling, the individual must do the following:
Complete all of the requirements listed below. Upon completion of Phase I, the student will know how to set up and effectively manage a highly successful and God-blessed counseling ministry thus eliminating the number one reason students fail. Also, the student will have earned a Certification as a Temperament Counselor. Phase II builds upon Phase I by giving the student more knowledge and experience using the Temperament Model of Counseling and becoming a Commissioned Minister of Counseling, if not ordained already. This model is 95% successful, in the counseling setting, by helping individuals to overcome their problems. At the end of this phase, the student will have earned a Licensure as a Temperament Counselor. Each student must be Ordained or become a Commissioned Minister (through Abundant Life Ministries) before being awarded Licensed Clinical Pastoral Counselor Licensure. Phase III requires the completion of a 500 question open-book exam on Biblical Knowledge and 6 advanced courses in the Counseling Tract of the student counselor’s choice (see #4 below). These courses enables the student to have a specialty area expertise plus two additional courses in one of the following areas: Marriage and Family Counseling, Child and Adolescent Therapy, Temperament Therapy, Sexual Therapy, Death and Grief Therapy, Cognitive Therapy and Ethics, Crisis and Abuse Therapy, or Temperament Case Studies.
BELOW IS A LIST OF ADMINISTRATIVE FEES, REQUIREMENTS AND COST OF EACH PHASE OF DEGREE
1. $100.00 – Application Fee (non-refundable)
2. $2520.00 – Phase I (Certified Temperament Counselor)
- How to Begin a Counseling Ministry and Take it Higher! – $295
- Basic Christian Counseling – $295
- Temperament Theory – $295
- Temperament Therapy – $295
- 10 APS ($45 each) – $450
- Temperament Case Studies – $295
- Complete 50 Board Survey on Code of Ethic Standards – $100
- Christian Counseling: Integrating Temperament and Psychology – $295
- 3 hours of Clinical Supervision – $150
- NCCA Licensure – $50
3. $2,534.00 – Phase II (Licensed Pastoral Counselor)
- Live Demo! Becoming a Skilled Counselor Using APS! course – $385
- Mastering Pastoral Counseling – $295
- Codependency – $295
- 15 APS Reports (thesis format) – follow format learned in Temperament Case Studies – $675
- CounselMaster (Maret) Software course – $495
- 3 hours of Clinical Supervision – $150
- National Background Check – $100
- NCCA Licensure Fee – $139
4. $3,670.00 – Phase III – (Advanced Certified Specialty Area)
- 6 Advanced Courses ($295 each) – $1,770
- 500 Question Biblical Knowledge Equivalency Exam – $150
- Matriculation fee – $1,600
- Certificate & licensing fee – $150
Other requirements are as follows:
Complete a 500 question open-book exam (provided upon request) and submit the responses directly to the National Christian Counselors Association or Abundant Life Counseling Services and Training Center along with the following (after completion of all course work): A. A letter of authorization from the student stating that the National Christian Counselors Association has the authority to release his/her records and assists in obtaining a B.A. in Christian Counseling from Cornerstone University (request from Abundant Life) B. A check in the amount of $1,500 to cover all the matriculation, administrative, and transfer fees for the B.A. at the end of the program.
$8,824.00 Total Tuition Fees (Previously ordained or Commissioned)
Additional fee ($315.00) and requirements for Commissioning thru ALCCS.
PAYMENT PLAN: (We are committed to each student graduating with no educational expense debt.)
- Student can make monthly payments of $150 (plus $5 credit card convenience fee).
- Pay per course (plus $5 credit card convenience fee).
+ _________ Donation to Jack Nation Memorial Scholarship Fund (optional)
36 – 48 Months average for completion.
Method of Study: Most courses are available online and can be studied at home. Courses not available online will be mailed to student.
Employment Possibilities for Ordained and Commissioned Ministers: This highly recognized Professional Degree will enable the graduate to find employment in: Christian Counseling Ministry, Chaplaincy. Christian School Guidance Counselor, Hospital Chaplain, Crisis Pregnancy Center Counselor, Pastoral Counseling in a home office, church office, or independent office, Christian Homeless Shelter Counselor, Christian Student Ministries Counselor, Addiction Counselor, other related ministries needing the services of a Christian or Pastoral Counselor who is non-state licensed.
- It is highly recommended that each student complete a Basic and Advanced Supplemental Apprenticeship. In some cases it may be required.
- Commissioning can be obtained through Abundant life Ministries.
- Students are obtaining licensures and certifications as a minister of counseling through the church and not a state licensure.
Revised 4-17-2017 * Fees are subject to change without notice * Fees maybe less depending upon prior educational experiences